Valentine’s Day is tomorrow. Skip the roses and chocolate (unless, of course, you or your significant other loves receiving those) and try something different. Haven’t had a chance to think of what to do this weekend? Check out these ideas:
For the couples:
- Feeling adventurous? Take a drive downtown, rent some bikes and explore the sights. Check out a restaurant you two haven’t eaten at before. Another option could be to map out various restaurants in the area and visit each one.
Here is a list of restaurants to try out:
– Tony’s Pasta Shop & Trattoria
– Conga Latin Food
– Hummingbird Pastaria
– Tupelo Honey
- Did you know that downtown Chattanooga has a free electric shuttle service? Take it around and explore the city together without the hassle of driving from one place to another.
- Take a day-trip and spend the day in Atlanta, Knoxville or Nashville.
For the singles:
- Take yourself on a date. Explore a new restaurant or check out an event that’s going on this weekend.
- Celebrate Valentine’s Day the day after. Head over to the local grocery store and purchase discounted candy at 75% off.
- For the traveler: take an overnight/weekend trip to Atlanta or Nashville and explore the city.
- For the artist: check out the Hunter Museum’s current collection.
With the girl friends:
- Create a charcuterie board. There are plenty of ideas on Pinterest and the board provides a variety of different finger foods for everyone to enjoy including cheeses, fruits, and nuts. Pair with some Martinelli’s, invite some girl friends over and spend some quality time together.
- If you’ve seen Noah Centineo in the book-turned-Netflix-movie “To All the Boys I Loved Before,” then you’re probably excited to watch the sequel “P.S. I Love You.”
- Take a spur-of-the-moment trip and travel to Asheville this weekend and explore the different attractions, restaurants and views it has to offer.
With the bros:
- Check out the Coin-Op Arcade. It’s a video arcade located in downtown Chattanooga. Inside, there are a number of arcade games, including pinball and PAC Man. Gather some bros together and spend some competitive time together.
- Take a trip to Atlanta and hit the tee at Topgolf.
- See what concerts are performing this weekend, get some bros together and sing at the top of your lungs.