During my four years living in Chattanooga, I have spent quite a bit of time exploring. Whether it was discovering a new coffee shop, attending a pop-up event, or checking out the best pizza in town, there was always something to do on the weekends. Here is my recommendations list of things that you can do while in Chattanooga. Grab your friends and check out some of these places this weekend.
- Valkyrie Axe Throwing (45 E Main St., #108) – I went here a few weeks ago for an event. I never knew this place existed in Chattanooga because it’s tucked away off the main streets. I was excited to try axe-throwing for the first time. It was a bit intimidating at first because there are multiple lanes of others who are axe-throwing nearby. However, I highly recommend this attraction as a stress reliever or to test those aiming skills with some friends. Save yourself some time by going on their website and signing the waiver beforehand. Also, save some money by using Groupon to receive a discount – valid for an hour for up to eight people.
- Adventure Sports Innovation (191 River St.) – This business has a wide range of activities, such as virtual reality experiences and renting an electric unicycle solowheels around Chattanooga. Regardless of the weather, they have activities for you to try whether inside or out.
- Escape Experience (1800 Rossville Ave., Suite 102) – If you haven’t escaped from a room, I highly recommend it. You can choose different situations such as being in a bunker or even in a runaway train. It gives you different challenges to work through with a time limit. Check out Groupon for a discount on the Inheritance room.
- Sir Goony’s (5918 E Brainerd Rd.) – Check out this attraction’s fun zone filled with various things to do such as go-karting, bumper cars, mini-golf, batting cages and arcade fun. It’s one of the few places that has go-karting in Chattanooga. It’s recommended as a good place to bring large groups of friends together for some fun.
- Classic Arcade Pinball Museum (409 Broad St.) – Take a trip into nostalgia with the huge selection of 70s and 90s arcade games to choose from. With an entry price, you have unlimited play all day. You can play different games like The Addams Family, Hercules, Toledo and more. Check out this place to bring out your inner child
- DEFY Chattanooga (7455 Commons Blvd.) – Bring your socks and get ready to jump. DEFY is the perfect place to let your energy run, jumping on trampolines and obstacle courses. There are plenty of areas to jump into like the foam pits, trapeze, ninja warrior-type obstacles, and more. Be sure to check out Groupon for discounts.